*AWAITING 2019 Update*
Ramadan Competition 
Registration Required for at least one event. Scroll down for form.
Winners in each age group will be rewarded a CASH PRIZE!
>>Event I – Surah Recitation in Arabic w/English Summary
Contestants will recite the surah from their age group and then present a comprehensive verbal summary (in English) of the message in the surah. The sum- mary has to give detailed information of the surah’s embedded message. Each candidate, ages 5-13, will receive 5 minutes to recite AND present. All candidates, ages 14 & up, will receive up to 10 minutes to recite AND present. Oration attributes are tone, tempo, clarity of message/summary, gestures of winning audience and time management.
• Group I (Ages 5 to 7), Surah 112; Al-Ikhlas (11:00am-1:00pm)
• Group II (Ages 8 to 10), Surah 103; Al-Asr (1:00pm-2:30pm)
• Group III (Ages 11 to 13), Surah 94; Al-Inshirah (11:00am- 1:00pm)
• Group IV (Ages 14 to 17), Surah 86; At-Tariq (1:00pm-2:30pm)
>>Event II – Recitation with Tajweed
Judges, will ask the contestant to recite any part of the surah from the respective JUZU they are competing for, from below.
• Group 1 – Juzz 30 (11am-12pm)
• Group II – Juzz 30, 29 (12pm-1pm)
• Group III – Juzz 30, 29, 28 (1pm-2pm)
>>Event III – Islamic Quiz (on paper)
Questions will be on Life of Mohammad (PBUH) in Makkah and Madinah, Family of Muhammad (PBUH), Quran, Prophets of Islam, Companions and the 4 Caliphs.
• Group I – Ages 8 to 12 (2:00pm-3:00pm in the Library)
• Group II – Ages 13 to 18 (2:00pm-3:00pm in the North Conference Room)
• Group III – Adults (18+) (2:00pm-3:00pm in the Library)